It’s that time of the year again; Holiday parties left, right and centre.
This year, I’m hosting a small holiday gathering and wanted to offer a specialty drink. I’m definitely no professional bartender or mixologist, but I recall having a Mistletoe Martini, which was light and refreshing and I wanted to (try) and recreate it.
I think it turned out really well! The taste is very light and goes down easily (may or may not be a good thing). I love that the mint and cranberries give it that Christmas-y feel.
I can promise you that this is going to be a hit at your next party!
I’d love to know if you tried to make this and what you thought. Let me know in the comments below.
Mistletoe Martini Recipe
- 1.5 ounce vodka (I use Iceberg Vodka)
- 1/2 ounce elderflower liqueur (I use St. Germain’s elderflower liqueur)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (I made this myself. It’s legit, just hot water and sugar)
- 1.5 ounce cranberry juice
- Cranberries (I use frozen cranberries – also a great alternative to ice as it won’t dilute your drink)
- Mint leaves
*All alcohol mentioned can be purchased at your local LCBO
*Other ingredients can be purchased at your local grocery store
Total time: 2min
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Add in the vodka, elderberry liqueur, cranberry juice and simple syrup.
- Shake and pour into glass
- Garnish by tossing in a few cranberries and floating mint leaves on top.
- For an extra something-something: top off with sparkling wine