This recipe is so easy to make, doesn’t require a lot of ingredients and can be ready in 20 minutes!
If there is one advice to give you when cooking this dish is to watch the garlic. You can easily burn it and you definitely don’t want to burn it or you’ll just be tasting burnt garlic.
Hope you enjoy!
Yields: 4 serving
1 pound spaghetti (or whatever long pasta you have in your pantry. We only had fettuccini – but this recipe works well with spaghetti or angel hair)
15 tiger shrimp
1/2 cup quality olive oil
10-12 garlic, thinly sliced (I highly recommend using a mandolin
1/2 – 1 tsp red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like it)
1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, don’t forget to add a generous amount of salt. Once boiled, add a tbsp of olive oil and spaghetti. Cook until al dente
- In a large pan, add 1/3 cup olive oil over medium-heat. Add all the thinly sliced garlic, and saute until lightly golden brown for about 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic!
- Once the garlic is lightly golden brown, add the shrimp, red pepper flakes and parsley and cook for another 3 minutes. After 3 minutes flip the shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, take 1/2 cup of the pasta water into the saute pan. Then use tongs to transfer the cooked pasta into the saute pan.
- Add half of the freshly grated parmesan and toss the pasta until everything is incorporated
- Taste and see if any additional salt or red pepper flakes is required
- Serve immediately and garnish with the remaining freshly grated parmesan cheese