Came across the baked feta pasta on TikTok – it looked simple enough to make so I wanted to give it a try. Also, it seemed everyone was making and raving about – and it is WORTH THE HYPE! So easy to make and delicious – I guess some good things can come out of TikTok.
- 8oz pasta of your choice (this works well with penne, spirals, rigatoni)
- 2 boxes (500 g) or cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 block feta cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F
- In a shallow baking dish, combine and mix all of the tomatoes, finely chopped garlic, 1/2 tbsp and 1/4 cup of the olive oil
*make sure all of the tomatoes are hugging so it creates a confit
- Place the block of feta in the middle of the dish and top with remaining oil, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp oregano and a few twists of fresh cracked black pepper
- Once the oven has preheated, place in the oven for 40 minutes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to the package. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water then drain the rest.
- Mash the tomatoes and feta until evenly combined and then add the pasta. If it looks dry, add 1/2 cup of the pasta water; continue to add as needed.
- Chop the basil and then add to the pasta as a final touch.