A delicious and easy comfort meal.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 large leeks, white and light green parts only, roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
2 litres low sodium chicken broth (you can use vegetable broth)
2 bay leaves
1 sprig fresh Rosemary
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup heavy cream
1. Melt the butter over medium heat in a large soup pot.
2. Add the leeks and garlic and cook, stirring regularly, until soft and wilted, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes, broth, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper to pot and bring to a boil. Cover and turn the heat down to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are very soft.
4. Remove the Rosemary sprig and bay leaves.
5. Add the heavy cream then purée the soup with a hand-held immersion blender until smooth. Bring to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. If soup is too thin, simmer until thickened. If it’s too thick, add water or stock to thin it out.